Saran Gas Sampling Bags
- Chemically inert, Disposable and Inexpensive
- Collect, Transport, and Store Gas Samples
- Collect expired Breath Samples for Lab analysis
- Transfer gas from pressurized containers for use at atmospheric pressure
- Shipment of Non-Toxic Gas Samples
- Preparation of Gas Mixtures
- Tube fitting TN6 (standard) sealed in edge of bag
- Optional: other fittings also available
Double Weight, Aged Saran Bags
These Saran Gas Sampling Bags are made of a double weight, 2 mil (0.002 inch) thick type 18-100 Saran, specially treated to minimize permeability. Our Saran Gas Sampling Bags are as chemically inert as Teflon Bags, but are less permeable.
Electronically Welded, Gas Tight Seams
All seams in the Saran Gas Sampling Bag are electronically bonded. The inlet tube is sealed into the side of the bag, with additional tubes available if flow through is desired. We include a removable sleeve-type red rubber septum for sealing each inlet.
Inexpensive, Yet Practical
Although these bags can be reused, one time use is the recommended procedure in gas sampling as it is difficult to thoroughly clean the interior of any sampling bag. The low cost of the Analytical Specialties Saran Gas Sampling Bag permits one time sampling without cost concerns.
A variety of Saran Gas Sample Bag sizes range from 0.5 liter capacity (6" x 6") up to (24" x 96"). Bags can also be custom made to your specifications.
Permeability to Water Vapor
(Transmission expressed in at 75? F at 100? F gms/100 sq. in. per 24 hrs.) 0.020 0.20
(ASTM method D882-64T) 8,000 to 16,000 lbs/sq in.
Permeability to Atmospheric Gases
Transmission expressed in cc's/100 sq. in. per 24 hrs. Testing Pressure: 1 atm, Temperature: 73.4? F Bag Thickness: 1 Mil
Oxygen: 0.8 - 1.1, Carbon Dioxide: 3.8 - 6.0,
Nitrogen: 0.12 - 0.16, Air: 0.21 - 0.44